Regional Government
Citizen Space
Business Space
About Azores
  news Legislation Schedule Communities Contacts Portal Map Links Help
Versão PortuguesaMUDAR LÍNGUA
See in: entities  categories

Agriculture and Forestry
Business Relations with the Regional Government
Civil Protection
Closing a company
Economical Inspection
Financing and Incentives
Housing and Infrastructures
Human Resource Management
Inovation, Reserach and Development and Technology
Law, Regulations
Science and Technology
Social Security
Starting a company
Statistics and Indicators


Get News of the Government by RSS - click here
Know more about RSS ...


Angra do Heroísmo ,  April 03, 2020

Applications for new Regional Supplement to Simplified Layoff measure open from today

The applications for the Regional Supplement to Simplified Layoff to guarantee the maintenance of jobs are open from today and should be submitted online at the address

This new measure made available by the Regional Government aims to complement and extend the scope of the national measure, thus providing companies with substantially higher support than other companies in the country for the next three months.
In addition to covering all regional entities, regardless of their activity, Azorean companies will now have the conditions to maintain, practically free of charge, all their workers, without having to resort to bank credit to pay the salaries of workers and making redundancies.

With the Regional Supplement to Simplified Layoff, the Region will bear almost entirely the costs of workers' salaries, which, in the rest of the country, will be partially paid by companies. This financial support may be transformed into a non-refundable subsidy, if companies maintain their workers by the end of this year. 

Under the Simplified Layoff scheme, workers' salaries will be paid at 70% by the Social Security and the remaining 30% by the company. With the Regional Supplement, the 30% component to be paid by the employer will be almost entirely funded by the Region. 

In the first month, companies and entrepreneurs will have no costs with workers, while in the second month the Government will subside these costs at 83% and at 66% in the third month. The amounts to be paid will have as reference the regional minimum wage. 

Considering that, over the next three months, Azorean companies are also exempt from paying Social Security contributions, the Single Social Tax (TSU), their financial burden will be clearly reduced through the Regional Complement. 

The Regional Government considers the maintenance of employment a fundamental priority. In view of the adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Region, it has been undertaking a huge effort to ensure the maximum maintenance of jobs and, consequently, guarantee income, stability and confidence in the future of the Azores.


Official government press-releases presented in all foreign languages interfaces of the Azorean Government Portal (Portal do Governo dos Açores) are a sub-set of the government's official press-releases daily output and are chosen for translation and publication on the foreign language interfaces based on audience segmentation criteria. The entire collection of the Azorean government press-releases is available in portuguese, here, from the GACS Press Office site.

   Print   Send Send News   GaCS GaCS Site   Regional Press Regional Press   rss  

Last News

Advanced Search >>


This e-mail address is at your disposal for you to place your questions to the Regional Government of the Azores.
Ask the Government!


Health Ombudsman
Listen to this Page LISTEN
Go to top of page TOP
help HELP
Versão PortuguesaMUDAR LÍNGUA

Símbol of Acessibilidade on Web
main | President | Regional Government | Citizen Space | Business Space | About Azores | My Site