main
President
Regional Government
Citizen Space
Business Space
About Azores
  news Legislation Schedule Communities Contacts Portal Map Links Help
Versão PortuguesaMUDAR LÍNGUA
See in: entities  categories
 

Administration
Agriculture and Forestry
Business Relations with the Regional Government
Civil Protection
Closing a company
Communities
Culture
Economical Inspection
Education
Elections
Employment
Energy
Environment
Financing and Incentives
Fisheries
Health
Housing and Infrastructures
Human Resource Management
Importing/Exporting
Industry
Inovation, Reserach and Development and Technology
Law, Regulations
Legislation
Leisure_and_Utilities
Rights
Science and Technology
Social Security
Sport
Starting a company
Statistics and Indicators
Statistics
Taxes
Tourism
Trade
Transports
Youth

 
Media
      

Get News of the Government by RSS - click here
Know more about RSS ...

 

Lajes das Flores ,  October 02, 2018

Marta Guerreiro stressed "excellent performance" of Flores in waste management

The Regional Secretary for Energy, Environment and Tourism highlighted on Flores the "excellent performance" in waste management to such as extent that, for the second consecutive year, all urban waste was recovered.
 
"In 2016 and 2017, about 85% of urban waste was sent for recycling and organic recovery (composting) and the remaining 15% for energy recovery at TERAMB," said Marta Guerreiro. She spoke at the end of a visit to the Flores Waste Processing Centre under the Government's statutory visit to this island.
 
The Secretary for the Environment pointed out that "Flores Island is at the forefront" in terms of waste management, considering that "these results demonstrate a consolidated strategy."
 
Marta Guerreiro highlighted "the fundamental role of the two municipalities on the island of Flores in the development of their urban waste collection systems as well as their strong commitment to selective collection."
 
The Regional Secretary also highlighted the fact that two other islands have followed the good example of Flores in 2017, reaching the "zero landfill" goal: Corvo and Santa Maria.
 
Marta Guerreiro also visited the sealing works of the old dump in Santa Cruz das Flores, noting the completion of the contract work to reinforce the vegetable cover support, following the occurrence of landslides.
 
At the site, the government official welcomed the information that the works now carried out have stabilised the soil on the slopes, allowing the vegetable cover to develop normally.
 
Marta Guerreiro also stated that the intervention will include sowing of endemic species and the regular monitoring until vegetation covers most of the slopes.


GaCS/SREAT
 
 
 
 
 
   
 

Official government press-releases presented in all foreign languages interfaces of the Azorean Government Portal (Portal do Governo dos Açores) are a sub-set of the government's official press-releases daily output and are chosen for translation and publication on the foreign language interfaces based on audience segmentation criteria. The entire collection of the Azorean government press-releases is available in portuguese, here, from the GACS Press Office site.

 
   Print   Send Send News   GaCS GaCS Site   Regional Press Regional Press   rss  
     

Last News

Search
 
Where?
Advanced Search >>
 
  
 

This e-mail address is at your disposal for you to place your questions to the Regional Government of the Azores.
Ask the Government!

 

Health Ombudsman
  
Listen to this Page LISTEN
Go to top of page TOP
help HELP
Versão PortuguesaMUDAR LÍNGUA

 
Símbol of Acessibilidade on Web
main | President | Regional Government | Citizen Space | Business Space | About Azores | My Site